The Sony Xperia Z, is one of the best devices from the famous Smartphone manufacturer Sony. You might’ve also noticed the other new devices from Sony, in the Xperia Z series like the Xperia Z2 and Z Ultra.
I know, it has a been while, but I’m here, back with a tutorial on how to install Android 5.1 Validus Custom ROM on the Sony Xperia Z. So, let’s get started!
Disclaimer: I’m not responsible for bricked phones, dead SD cards, and a thermonuclear war. I won’t take responsibility for whatever that might/might not happen to your phone.
Scared, reading the above fact? Just don’t mess up anywhere and you’ll be fine!
- Download Validus ROM and Google Apps for your Sony Xperia Z.
- Place both these files in the ROOT folder of your external SD card.
- Now, turn off your phone and reboot it into recovery. (Press and hold volume up + Home + Power buttons to enter the recovery mode)
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” and perform a full wipe.
- Select “wipe cache partition” and perform a cache wipe.
- Select “wipe dalvik cache” and perform a davik cache wipe.
- Now, select “install zip from SD card”.
- Navigate to the file, you’ve downloaded in the step 1, select it.
- Confirm the above action in the next screen.
- Repeat the same above process to flash Google Apps too. (No need to wipe)
Hooray! Now, you’ll be on the Android 5.1 Lollipop Validus Custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z.